Monday, December 17, 2012

2012 in Review: Mat Tait

Mat Tait

What have been your personal cartooning/comics highlights of 2012?
Just getting a few pages finished that I was happy with.

Who are some of the comics creators that you've discovered and enjoyed for the first time in 2012?
Carl Barks via the great Fantagraphics reprints. It was nice to discover work that I've heard so much about lived up to the billing.

What is something non-comics that you have enjoyed in 2012?
I've been enjoying poring over a massive collection of Piranesi's fantastically detailed and grandiose etchings (via a cheap 2 volume set from Taschen - well worth a buy).  Best movies I've seen this year: Drive, Kill List, and The Battle of Algiers.

Have you implemented any significant changes to your working methods this year?
Mainly making sure that I draw every day, no matter how little, or how busy I've been with other stuff. It gets things done and avoids The Fear.

What are you looking forward to in 2013?
Getting some of the stuff I'm working on completed, maybe getting some stuff into print.

No comments: